Saturday, February 1, 2014

Wonders of the World (2 done...5 more to go)!

As I went to sleep the night before my day trip to Stonehenge, I can't say I was very excited. The busses were set to leave very early in the morning and it takes 40 minutes on the tube to get to the buses from my apartment. Not only that but I honestly just didn't know much about Stonehenge. 


Luckily, on the way there (approx. 2 hour trip), our tour guide gave us loads of information about it. He was extremely passionate and that made my experience truly amazing. I had no idea how old Stonehenge was or how much controversy there is surrounding it. Why was it made? Who was it made for? With those questions in mind, I tried to look at it with all view points in mind. Aliens? Druids? Simply early humans? I am still not sure but seeing it was spectacular! 



The weather was perfect for it as well! The rain has been more horrible recently so half of the walking paths were flooded but when we arrived there was sun and blue skies! 


There was also a new exhibit close by to give even more background on Stonehenge! Our favourite part was pulling a fake stone and seeing how many people you would have to get help from to be able to move it. My friend and would have had to have 95 people join us to move it even an inch..haha we are weak. 


Stonehenge was beyond anything I could have imagined. I would love to go back with my family one day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment